LinkedIn is a powerful marketing tool platform that businesses will need to invest in. Not only does it help with boosting credibility, but it’s also a great way to network with other business leaders and influencers.
It all starts with crafting an engaging and informative LinkedIn company page for your business:
Why set up a LinkedIn company page?
Started in 2002, LinkedIn is a social media networking site that brings professionals and organizations. For professionals, it’s a great way to showcase credentials. Alongside a CV, a complete LinkedIn profile improves the chances of getting hired.
Organizations can also benefit the same way, including small businesses. With a LinkedIn company page, they can promote their products and services and build their online presence. You can share content related to your industry and build relationships with industry leaders. LinkedIn is also effective for announcing new programs, offers, advocacies, and company updates.
Beyond that, a company page allows you to turn employees into brand advocates. Using their individual professional profiles, your employees can include a link to the company page. Their own connections can click on the link and view the page. This increases your page visitors and improves social engagement.
There’s a lot more you can do with a LinkedIn company page. You just need to follow the right steps to building one:
How to Build a LinkedIn Company Page
Starting a company page is easy. All you need is a verified company email address as well as your own LinkedIn profile as CEO or founder. Once you have these, follow these steps:
- Login to your LinkedIn profile and select the Work button at the upper right-hand corner. This will open up a list of options.
- Scroll down to the very bottom and click on Create Company Page.
- You will be redirected to another page where you will need to choose the appropriate type of LinkedIn page for your business. These choices are:
Small business: Ideal for businesses that manage less than 200 employees
Medium to large business: Ideal for companies with more than 200 employees
Showcase page: This is good if you want to create a sub-page for your existing company page
Educational institution: This is the option for you if you operate a school, university, or learning center.
- After clicking the right option, you will be redirected to a field that you will need to complete. Include details such as the name of your company, address, contact details, and an engaging tagline. Don’t forget to include a cover photo and logo image as well. LinkedIn recommends a dimension of 1128 (w) x 191 (h) pixels for cover photos. Logo images should be at least 268 (w) x 268 (h) pixels.
- Once you have completed your company profile, review the details once again for errors. If you are satisfied, check the verification box and click “Create Page.”
Building a LinkedIn Company Page is one thing, but updating it and posting fresh content regularly is another. If you need help with improving your presence on LinkedIn, look towards a social media management company that specializes in driving engagement and leads.
Featured Image by Unsplash